TEACHING & LEARNING COORDINATOR
Advertiser: Margaret Jurd CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
Margaret Jurd College is a co-educational, special education school that is part of the Uniting Church Network.
The College offers student enrolment from years 9 to 12 with a focus on individually adjusted educational programs and targeted social programs for students that present with social-emotional needs. With a high staff to student ratio the College prides itself on its ability to engage students that have found that other educational environments have not suited their complex needs.
Objectives of the Role
- In conjunction with the Principal, implement the College’s Strategic Plan and Policy Framework.
- Assist the Principal with forward planning.
- Actively participate in the College’s collegial processes of strategic planning, problem-solving and evaluation of activities.
- Oversee the College’s educational budget and make recommendations to the Principal regarding areas of best spend in order to enhance the academic program.
- Leading, mentoring and managing the teaching team.
- Assist the Campus Coordinator in student behavioural management.
- Being an active member of the College’s Critical Incident Response Team.
- Oversee the College’s external relationships in regard to its educational offerings.
- Responsible for the compliance of the College.
- Ensure the College maintains effective risk management strategies with accompanying documentation.
- NESA Accreditation
- NSW Working With Children Check
- National Criminal History Check
- Significant teaching experience required with a focus on Special Education
- Leadership experience desirable
How to Apply
For the full application package please email email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 17th January 2020.
All applications must include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
N.B. As per the Children and Young People Care and Protection Act 1998 (prohibited employment act 1998) All staff at Margaret Jurd College must obtain and maintain a Working With Children Check carried out by the employment screening unit of NSW Commission for Children and Young People.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?