Specialty Coffee - Sales Representative / Business Development Manager
Advertiser: The Wood RoasterMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $70,000 - $89,999 base plus commission pro rata
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sales, Sales Representatives/Consultants
Business Development Manager – Specialty Coffee
The Wood Roaster (TWR) is a unique specialty coffee roaster, based in Marrickville. Committed to maintaining sustainable business practices, TWR can boast that our approach to roasting specialty coffee is one of the leading reasons we’ve seen strong growth in a competitive market.
Equally important are TWR’s culture and values, which are built around caring for our team.
As part of our growth strategy, we currently have an opportunity for a seasoned Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our sales team. This is a great time to join TWR and be part of a high performing team, where your efforts will be recognised and rewarded.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role will focus on sales development and account management within our priority (HORECA) channel.
We’re seeking a candidate with skills, capabilities and knowledge in the coffee industry (or similar), a network of potential customers; highly developed communication and negotiation skills; advanced selling skills, and a proven track record to demonstrate your sales success.
The general scope of the role includes, however, is not limited to:
- Coffee training and machine setup
- Develop and manage sustainable customer relationships within a defined territory in NSW, to maximize growth and brand awareness, via agreed activities
- Actively seek out and close new business opportunities
- CRM reporting, and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Present product and promotional information, workshops and training to customers
- Occasionally represent TWR at trade events
- A passion for all things coffee (and barista skills would be well regarded)
Skills and experience required for the role will include:
- Coffee machine knowledge and setup
- Experience in the coffee industry
- Barista skills and ideally cupping knowledge
- Sales experience (ideally within the coffee/ hospitality industry)
This is a rare chance to be part of a fun, dynamic, exciting work place, and make a positive contribution to the growth of TWR. The salary will be pro rata of the days worked, ideally we are looking for someone 3 days per week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied with a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
No agencies please. We have this covered
- Do you have experience in a cold calls sales environment?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What's your expected annual base salary?