Business Development Manager - Design IndustryPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
THERE – WE HARNESS THE POWER OF PLACE BY CREATING PLACE-LED BRANDS, & THE ENVIRONMENTS THAT BRING THEM TO LIFE.
We design branded experiences for the built environment that capture imagination and positively influence the way people think, feel and act.
THERE are looking for a passionate design-aware Business Development Manager to share this vision and play an active role in growing the business in the short, mid and long term.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role requires an energetic self-starter, adept at identifying new business opportunities within our areas of specialisation (Experiential Graphic Design, Placemaking and Wayfinding + Place-led Branding).
You proactive in your approach, contacting and following up new leads, arranging meetings with company directors and monitoring and reporting new business efforts.
Good communication skills both internally and externally are essential as well as an adaptable and emotionally intelligent nature.
Experience in the design industry is highly desirable however if a candidate shows an adeptness to be able to learn quickly and understand the industry they will certainly be considered.
What you’ll be doing
- Get stuck in and learn about the THERE business, it’s qualities, it’s credentials and what sets it apart from competitors.
- Understand the team and build rapport, learn how they work and what you will need from each other in order to optimise new business opportunities.
- Be happy to make regular calls and look at networking opportunities and events to achieve activity and customer acquisition targets
- Manage existing prospects through the company CRM software
- Identify new prospects based on industry developments, trends, as well as strategic and tactical opportunities
- Identify prospects through existing business relationships (past and current clients)
- Develop and manage business development processes and tools
- Follow up new business meetings with relevant information
- Manage, prioritise and maintain new business relationships
- Monitor, document and report business development results on a weekly basis
- Drive fortnightly BDM meetings, to communicate top-level progress.
- Stay in touch with industry trends, competitor and client activities
- Establish a new business plan – Define weekly, monthly and quarterly priorities based on direction from the company business plan
- Manage e-newsletter, website updates and other marketing initiatives
- Participate in the preparation of Agency creds pitches, RFTs and comprehensive proposals
- Identify and pursue new revenue streams for the business
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to the management team for mid and long term business growth and development
What’s in it for you?
- Be working with the best. THERE is highly-awarded global, specialist Branding and Experiential Graphics Consultancy.
- Be part of a thriving agency with a progressive and ambitious vision
- Be working out of a great creative humming warehouse in the cool part of town
- Have a career with a mid and long-term development plan
- Have full support including existing systems, training and professional development
- Be paid well, with an attractive incentive structure to reflect your performance
Working at THERE
THERE — More than just a Creative agency.
At THERE we create the world’s best brand-led places and experiences – places that people love.
We believe in the harnessing Power of Place - how creatively enriched places have the power to drive emotional connection and positively affect the way people live, work and play.
We believe truly engaging environments inspire those who experience them, and create more meaningful connections between people and place.
From residential to corporate workplace, hospitality and public domain – our graphic work communicates stories, activates spaces and orientates places.
If this sounds like a vision you can share, an environment you would thrive in and opportunity you can’t miss then we would love to hear from you!
Take a peek into our StudioCulture:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?