Advertiser: Medical Technology Association of AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
The Policy Officer reports to the Director, Policy.The role supports the Policy Director, the MTAA and relevant industry committees to develop policy positions which allow medical device companies to manufacture and supply safe, effective and cost-effective medical devices to the community. The focus of the role is particularly on industry and reimbursement policy development.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Policy Development and Analysis:
- Prepare background papers and briefs to inform decision making, and draft position statements to contribute to MTAA´s advocacy work as needed in relation to topics that affect the industry particularly funding of medical technology and industry support initiatives
- Research and compile data and evidence to inform and support the industry’s policy positions
- Engage and consult with members and external stakeholders including government as needed to inform policy positions
- Provide secretariat support to industry committees and other forums as required, including drafting agenda papers, minute taking and meeting administration
- Support industry committees to develop policy positions which impact on the development and sustainability of the industry and/or optimise reimbursement pathways for medical devices in the public and private markets.
- As required, support other MTAA forums to develop policy or generate information to advance understanding of the industry and its policy positions
- As required, on behalf of the Director, Policy, represent MTAA on committees or advisory groups that relate to the responsibilities of the Policy Business Unit
- Contribute to the organisation of events for MTAA´s members pertaining to policy issues
- Contribute to member surveys on industry specific issues to help identify areas for further policy work
Required: undergraduate or postgraduate degree in health, economics, public policy or related field; alternatively a minimum of three years´ experience working in a public policy role, preferably related to healthcare or industry.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of government decision-making processes in Australia and/or Australia´s healthcare system
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrated ability to produce high quality policy documents, position papers and briefing material for different audiences
- Ability to conduct desktop research and compile data on complex and varied policy topics, particularly relating to health or industry, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to effectively engage and collaborate with stakeholders to develop shared positions
- Well organised, self-motivated, a team playe
- Experience in policy analysis and development
- Experience in any of: the medical device industry; a government department/agency; a healthcare service provider; health insurer; or member-based industry organisation
- Experience in committee servicing including developing agendas, writing minutes and supporting committee activities
- Suit a graduate with the right demonstrated abilities’
- Strong capabilities in Excel
This position is only open to candidates that have full eligibility to live and work in Australia. If interested please click 'apply for this job' with your cover letter and CV. Closing date for applications: 16 December 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a policy officer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?