Advertiser: The Australian Gas AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
AGA is a highly respected organisation providing national product certification schemes and related laboratory testing services covering the gas, electrical and plumbing industries.
We are currently seeking a recent university or TAFE graduate or an experienced qualified person to fill a technical position. If the role is of interest and you fit the following criteria, we would invite you to lodge an online application.
The role will involve physical audit/inspections of products within AGA's specialist laboratory or at client's premises. You will be required to liaise closely with clients to report audit results and ensuring appropriate follow up action. You will be required to travel within Melbourne Metro Area on regular basis and on occasions interstate & overseas.
On the job training will be provided, as the position requires a number of specialist skills and experiences. Subject to work performance, interpersonal skills development and technical knowledge gained in this role, you may have future promotional opportunities to be transferred between the various roles within the organisation such as:
(i) Testing of appliances in the AGA Laboratory; or
(ii) Technical assessments of appliances in the certification area;
The individual best suited to this role will possess:
- A related engineering (or science) degree or a related trades (TAFE) qualification;
- An interest in the gas, electrical and/or plumbing sectors, especially relating to the relevant product manufacturing issues;
- An appreciation of the type and role of safety standards associated with product compliance;
- A high level of written and oral communication skills in English;
- A high level of planning / scheduling skills and attention to detail; and
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g. MSOffice)
An attractive salary package and excellent conditions apply. Interested candidates can review the AGA website (www.aga.asn.au) for more information on the Association.
Online applications only are being sought and should be submitted via the SEEK email option below by close of business, Friday 20 December 2019.
NB: Applicants must submit a letter of application and a current CV. We will respond only to those applications that we shortlist but would take this opportunity to thank everyone that lodges an application. Anyone that has previously applied for a similar position with us need not apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?