Speech Pathologist - Mansfield Victoria
Advertiser: Mansfield Autism Statewide ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
Mansfield Autism Statewide Service (MASS) is an independent not for profit organisation, we are a highly regarded independent organisation that delivers innovative educational and training programs for people with ASD and other disabilities from infancy to adulthood. We empower the individual and their families to live independent, inclusive and productive lives through the provision of individually tailored programs.
We offer a wide range of services for individuals and families living with autism. Our services have been designed as a ‘wrap around’ model – each service complements and enhances the quality of care we provide our clients.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Speech Pathologist based in Mansfield who is looking for a unique role where your experience is put into practice both within the school environment but also within in the clients home.
You will be working with and supporting colleagues across Victoria, along with working from our school in Mansfield in collaboration with our school teachers.
The role involves:
- Working in collaboration with the school staff in developing and implementing strategies for students.
- Setting up practical programmes in the home and supporting this with a “hands-on” approach.
- Helping the parents set realistic goals for the child, and work towards them.
- Assisting families to identify their child’s strengths and to build on these.
- Providing the families with information on autism and other services available to them.
- Acknowledgement that their child has a disability and providing contacts with parents and siblings in similar situations.
- Do you value a families focused approach?
- Are you excited by the idea of unique and innovative programs designed to meet the individual needs of children and families?
- Do you believe education extends beyond the hours of 9 to 3.30?
- Do you want a job with the flexibility to work across all environments including the family home?
- Bachelors Degree Majoring in Speech Pathology
If you answered yes to the above, then Mansfield Autism Statewide Services is the organisation for you!!
- Competitive salary
- 12 weeks leave per year
- Salary packaging
- Flexible working hours
To obtain a position description or for more information please email email@example.com
We provide a supportive team environment with ongoing professional development.
Mansfield Autism Statewide Services are committed to promoting and protecting, at all times, the best interests of children and young people involved in its programs. MASS is a Child Safe environment.
Any child having contact with Mansfield Autism Statewide Service, has the right to feel safe and be safe.
The wellbeing of children in our care will always be our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?