Teacher - Mansfield
Advertiser: Mansfield Autism Statewide ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Salary PackagingGenerous leaveSmall class sizes
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
Mansfield Autism Statewide Service (MASS) is an independent not-for-profit organisation, we are highly regarded independent organisation that delivers innovative educational and training programs for people with ASD and other disabilities from infancy to adulthood. We empower the individual and their families to live independent, inclusive and productive lives through the provision of individually tailored programs.
We offer a wide range of services for individuals and families living with autism. Our services have been designed as a ‘wrap around’ model – each service complements and enhances the quality of care we provide our clients.
About the role:
Our Mansfield Campus is an Independent School offering a Therapeutic Residential Placement for young people with Autism from around Victoria. This placement lasts for nine weeks and clients live at the Residence and attend the school during the day. We also offer a Day School for local young people, many of whom would have dual enrolment with a local school.
We offer a program which focuses on individual needs and is flexible & strengths based within the Victorian Curriculum Guidelines often with a focus on ABELS reporting. We tailor all programs towards reducing anxiety, building capacity and developing students personal goals. We have a strong emphasis on health and wellbeing, taking care to provide our students with an active and balanced lifestyle. We are a low-technology program.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with children with a diagnosis of ASD, however this is not essential as training is provided.
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration
- Special Education qualification/s preferred
- Experience working with students with a diagnosis of ASD
We provide a supportive team environment with ongoing professional development.
Mansfield Autism Statewide Services are committed to promoting and protecting, at all times, the best interests of children and young people involved in its programs. MASS is a Child Safe environment.
Any child having contact with Mansfield Autism Statewide Service, has the right to feel safe and be safe.
The wellbeing of children in our care will always be our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Applications close Friday 13th December 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?