Autism Practitioner | Occupational Therapist
Advertiser: Mansfield Autism Statewide ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Company Car12 weeks leave per year
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
About the company
Mansfield Autism Statewide Services is an independent not for profit organisation, which supports young people, and their families who are living with Autism. We are a child safe organisation, committed to the care, safety and well being of all students/young people we have contact with.
We offer a wide range of services for families and individuals living with ASD. Our services have been designed as a 'wrap around' model – each service complements and enhances the quality of care we provide our clients.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and driven Occupational Therapist to provide exceptional support to our clients and families. We offer an amazing opportunity to be part of a unique program with proven results in changing people's lives.
Autism Practitioners provide in-home support to clients and their families. During a visit, the practitioner will:
· Set up practical programmes in the home and support this with active involvement.
· Help the parents set realistic goals for the child, and work towards these.
· Provide each family with information on autism and other services available.
· Liaise with other service providers working with the child.
This is a chance for someone looking for a challenge, to use their experience to make an impact as well as being supported by a team of passionate staff from different professions with the shared aim of enriching lives every single day. This is a diverse and autonomous role where every day is different, giving you the chance to find your niche with the backing of a supportive and collaborative team.
Duties & responsibilities
- Periodic visits to Mansfield will be required for staff meetings, discussion of programmes, assessment of progress, in-service
- Travel around the state
- Developmental Programming
- Sibling Support
- Parental Support
- Initial Assessment
- Family Camps
Skills & experience
- Occupational Therapy Degree
- Current Police check or ability to obtain
- Working With Children Card
- Current Driver's Licence
- The ability to understand and implementing policies of Mansfield Autism Statewide Services
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Self-management skills
- Empathy for student and families
- Ability to manage challenging behaviours
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Willingness to participate in further training
Benefits & culture
- Amazing opportunity to change and enrich lives every day
- Training provided
- Mobile Provided
- Car Provided
- Families Focused
- Salary Package
- Unique & Innovative Programmes designed to meet individual needs of children
- Working as part of a fantastic and passionate team
To express your interest in this role 'apply now' via SEEK with your resume and cover letter attached.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?