Harvest workers- Mushroom Farm
Advertiser: Marland MushroomsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Horticulture
About the business
Marland Farms QLD is a multi-generational business that produces button mushrooms to supply to major supermarkets at a state of the art facility in Stapylton.
About the role
- Manual Handling – anything from boxes, platforms, Frames, Pickers Trolleys. We must meet the needs of the highest of care taken must be very high level due to the nature of the produce.
- Chemical Handling & Usage for Cleaning of Frames and platforms and Picker Trolleys
- Repetitive Climbing up and down on Ladders.
- Using a Manual Pallet Jack to move Pallets & place in appropriate Storage areas
- Handling & Disposal of Produce
- Repetitive Box Lifting with and without Produce, can be up to 4kg each box
- Automatic Lorry – Cleaning & Sanitising
- Cleaning of Footbaths (Mats) including laying them out front of sheds and bringing back in for cleaning after shed use.
- Manual Picking Platforms – Moving Between Levels up at heights
- Use of Pressure Washer – Electric & Petrol
- Room – Pull Down within a shed - Frames and platforms for Picker
- Room – Set Up within a shed Frames and platforms for Picker
- Room – Transition between sheds Frames and platforms for Picker
Benefits and perks
Horticulture award wages
Skills and experience
Candidates must be physically fit, efficient and have a strong attention to detail.
To be considered for the position you must successfully complete a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment with company doctor.
Moving product quickly and efficiently using safe manual handling methods
- Communication with staff and supervisors relating to product requirements
- We operate 7 days a week including public holidays. We run a morning shift and an
afternoon shift. The starting and finishing times will always vary depending on how the mushrooms
grow and when they are picked. Your Manager or Supervisor will inform you of the hours and days
you will be working. These days and hours will not be set and can change from day to day
Candidates must be available to start as soon as possible and must have their own transport.
Training will be provided for the successful candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)