Autism Practitioner | Teacher/Occupational Therapist/Speech Pathologist
Advertiser: Mansfield Autism Statewide ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Generous leaveCompany carSalary Packaging
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
About the company
Mansfield Autism Statewide Services is an independent not for profit organisation, which supports young people, and their families who are living with Autism. We are a child safe organisation, committed to the care, safety and well being of all students/young people we have contact with.
We offer a wide range of services for families and individuals living with ASD. Our services have been designed as a 'wrap around' model – each service complements and enhances the quality of care we provide our clients.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and driven Autism Practitioners to provide exceptional support to our clients and families. We offer an amazing opportunity to be part of a unique program with proven results in changing people's lives.
Autism Practitioners provide in-home support to clients and their families. During a visit, the practitioner will:
- Set up practical programmes in the home and support this with active involvement.
- Help the parents set realistic goals for the child, and work towards these.
- Provide each family with information on autism and other services available.
- Liaise with other service providers working with the child.
This is a chance for someone looking for a challenge, to use their experience to make an impact as well as being supported by a team of passionate staff from different professions with the shared aim of enriching lives every single day. This is a diverse and autonomous role where every day is different, giving you the chance to find your niche with the backing of a supportive and collaborative team.
Duties & responsibilities
- Periodic visits to Mansfield will be required for staff meetings, discussion of programmes, assessment of progress, in-service
- Travel around the state
- Developmental Programming
- Sibling Support
- Parental Support
- Initial Assessment
- Family Camps
Skills & experience
- Diploma of Teaching, or Speech Pathology Degree, or Occupational Therapy Degree
- Current Police check or ability to obtain
- Working With Children Card
- Current Driver's Licence
- Understanding and implementing policies of Mansfield Autism Statewide Services
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Self-management skills
- Empathy for student and families
- Ability to manage challenging behaviours
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Willingness to participate in further training
Benefits & culture
- Amazing opportunity to change and enrich lives every day
- Training provided
- Mobile Provided
- Car Provided
- Families Focused
- Salary Package
- Unique & Innovative Programmes designed to meet individual needs of children
- Working as part of a fantastic and passionate team
Applications close Friday 13th December 2019.
To express your interest in this role 'apply now' via SEEK with your resume and cover letter attached.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?