Advertiser: Sindorf Marsh Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Simpson Farms is a privately owned, highly successful and growing agricultural business based in Goodwood near Bundaberg (4 hours’ drive north of Brisbane). They produce and supply fresh and processed/value add avocado’s (and some mangos) for the FMCG and retail supermarket and foodservice/QSR industries. They are now searching for an experienced and talented HR professional to join their team.
Reporting to the Finance Director and based at head office (Goodwood) you will be responsible for providing HR advice and support to the management team and for a permanent staff of 50 employees and up to 150 casual staff in peak season. The company has farms and a packing and warehouse facility. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist management with the recruitment and selection of staff
- Maintaining and upgrading employment agreements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Co-ordination of induction programs for new staff
- Conducting of TNA’s (training needs analysis) and identification of skill shortages.
- Writing/development of training programs and coordination of staff training programs.
- Award interpretation and review of existing EA (enterprise agreement)
- Monitoring of casual employee hours
- Assist with the coordination of Injury Rehabilitation programs
- Provide HR advice and support to management team on employee relations and award conditions
Ideally you have the following work experience, skills and personal attributes:
- A degree in business/human resources is preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ plus experience in a generalist HR role.
- Work experience in a blue collar or manufacturing/industrial/agricultural environment would be an advantage.
- Experience in the development and conducting of training programs is required
- Any exposure to injury rehabilitation programs or WH&S (workplace health and safety) would be an advantage.
You could either be a less experienced HR person looking to take the next career step into managing the total HR function for an organisation or a more experienced HR professional happy to take a backward step into a smaller HR role with fewer responsibilities but still wanting to contribute.
An attractive salary package is on offer. Sound interesting? Then please send your resume via SEEK. For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Gary Marsh from Sindorf Marsh on (07) 3227 5501.