Language Support Worker
Advertiser: MCCGC/CURA Community ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Reporting to the Senior Case Worker in relation to clients, suppliers and government agencies. This position must maintain positive relationships and boundaries with clients, co-workers and stakeholders. Have the ability to work in collaboration with the Senior Case Worker to ensure clients’ needs are met. Able to communicate effectively with service providers to ensure appointments are communicated to clients and attended. Ability to undertake other duties as required.
- Excellent Cross-cultural communication skills
- Understanding of issues relating to emerging multicultural communities, children, young people and families and requirements in relation to accessing services
- Demonstrated knowledge of family support and services to families and youth from CALD backgrounds
- Knowledge of relevant government and non-government agencies and their services on the Gold Coast and how to refer/connect clients
- Communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience in running workshops and information sessions with multicultural communities
- Ability to speak English and other language(s) from one or more of the following countries: Ethiopia, Eritrea (E.g. Tigrinya, Arabic, Amharic)
- Computer literacy - specifically MS Office and accurate data entry skills
What YOU must have:
- Knowledge of Gold Coast Services (Health, Education, Transport, Housing, and other Community Services)
- Driver’s license & a comprehensively insured car
- Current Police Check and Blue Card
- Experience in report writing and client casework, including administrative tasks
- Skills in organising community education program workshops and engaging community facilitators
If this sounds like you, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any further queries regarding please contact Koren Hannah our Senior Case Worker on 07 5527 8011.
Applications close 6/12/19.
Visit our website www.mccgc.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?