Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: HR GurusMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Far West & North Central NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Barkindji Maraura Elders Environment Team Limited (BMEET) is a not-for-profit organisation established by Barkindji and Maraura Elders to provide culturally appropriate training and employment in cultural heritage and natural resource management of country for the young people in their communities.
BMEET aims to provide a pathway out of social welfare, crime, drugs and alcohol through meaningful and appropriate employment.
Our Objective - Bringing country back to life
Our Output - Appropriate people managing country appropriately and holistically
Outcome – Better managed country and a healthy community
BMEET drives a program of on-ground works and community events to facilitate ongoing work for young Aboriginal people in Cultural and Natural Resource Management (CNRM) on public land in the Dareton and Wentworth areas, developing biodiversity, creating corridors for wildlife, managing pest plant and animals and preserving and protecting culturally significant sites.
Our work provides social and emotional well being support for young people, especially young men, to give them a sense of their cultural identity and the value and possibility of work and employment.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is to act as the primary representative of BMEET in all external forums. The CEO is tasked with overseeing BMEET operations to ensure the successful and sustainable delivery of all strategic activities, as directed by the BMEET Board.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provision of leadership and advocacy to promote BMEET activities
- Development of key stakeholder relationships with Aboriginal communities, BMEET members, representatives of Government funding agencies, wider community stakeholders and the Board.
- Deliver on the purpose of BMEET through the activities outlined in its strategic plan.
- Managing human, financial and physical resources of BMEET and providing leadership to its operations.
- Work closely with the Chairperson and Board of Directors and provide support to assist the Board in developing governance policies and procedures, strategic plans, organisational goals and objectives.
- Ensure all corporate governance issues are pro-actively managed and all compliance requirements are met.
- Implement quality systems to meet accreditation standards or other guidelines as required by funding agencies.
- Prepare and provide monthly reports to the Board of Directors and funding bodies.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- A deep understanding and empathy with BMEET’s mission and values
- Proven ability in networking with key stakeholders and representing the interests of BMEET.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people and handle cultural and community issues in a sensitive manner
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and formal communication skills (including well developed ability to negotiate, facilitate, present information, develop relationships and networks).
- Self-motivated and energetic with the ability to galvanise the enthusiasm and efforts of internal and external stakeholders and participate in the workload of BMEET.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise projects and activities to meet deadlines and performance expectations.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to analyse complex information and problem solve.
- Financial literacy and understanding of governance.
Tertiary qualifications in business administration or similar relevant qualification is required.
Enquiries to HR Gurus firstname.lastname@example.org or please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
BMEET supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
We ask that you please consider your suitability against the criteria outlined above and then apply online.
It is a condition of employment that background checks will be completed prior to the candidate’s employment being confirmed.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?