Student Support Officer - Albany
Advertiser: Yalari LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Albany & Great Southern
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Do you believe that a good education makes a difference?
Do you believe that boarding school can be the answer?
Do you like working with young people?
Would you like to work for an organisation that since 2005 has driven meaningful social change by providing secondary boarding school scholarships at leading Australia boarding schools for Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities around Australia?
You will be joining an organisation where the rewards are personal, direct and measurable.
Yalari is seeking a Student Support Officer, on a permanent part time basis for 12 hours per week to work with our scholarship students at a partner school in Albany.
The Key Selection Criteria for the role are:
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people, particularly Indigenous young people
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with challenging situations with young people
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite and Databases
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a remote team
- Ability to communicate broadly with a diverse group of people
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven experience in maintaining case management files and case notes
- Knowledge and experience of the independent school system
- Experience working with Indigenous people and an empathy for Indigenous concerns.
- Proven communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Diploma level qualification in Community Services, Teaching, Teaching Support or other relevant areas
The majority of work hours for this role are outside of classroom hours. Flexibility and capacity to travel are key to success in this role.
To learn more about Yalari visit our website www.yalari.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your cover letter addressing the above areas, along with your current resume via the Seek online system.
Applications will be closed as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?