Graduate Content Producer
Advertiser: CANSTARMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Canstar is all about helping people confidently make the right financial decisions for them. While it’s a simple goal, achieving it involves dynamic collaboration between diverse teams of people, each one integral to the overall results.
As a result of growth, an exciting opportunity has opened up in our Sydney team for a Graduate Content Producer focusing on Telco related content.
Reporting to the Telco Editor, the Graduate Content Producer, Telco is tasked with maintaining and improving the high-traffic phone & internet verticals on the Canstar Blue website, while providing editorial support to the wider team when required.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to kickstart your journalism career in a supportive team, then this could be the role for you!
What Canstar offers
- Supportive and flexible working environment
- Birthday leave
- Free breakfast and fresh fruit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fun and friendly company culture
- Training and development opportunities in areas that matter to you
What you will be doing
- Write new and engaging content for phone & internet verticals
- Manage and maintain existing high-traffic content and data updates to content tables
- Source and produce daily news content when required
- Work with Telco Editor and Telco Specialist to identify new content opportunities
- Work with Canstar Blue digital team to ensure execution of content and monetisation
- Collaborate on the Canstar Blue social and video content plans
- Support the wider editorial team in other content tasks
- Work with clients and industry to develop greater working relationships and industry knowledge
- Support Canstar Blue Editor in identifying and acting on relevant PR opportunities
What you need to bring to the role
- Recent degree qualification in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- The ability to learn quickly and an attitude that takes on feedback and instructions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to spot a great story before anyone else does
- Experience with Google Analytics or other traffic insight tools an advantage
- A good knowledge of best-practice SEO and content optimisation is also desired
What will give you the extra edge
- Interest in covering the telco industry. Do you get excited by new telco products, services & innovations?
- A record of published content from reputable sources
How can you join our team
If this sounds like you, and you are up for a fresh challenge with a great company, please click apply now and ensure that your CV and cover letter has been uploaded to your profile.
Please contact Emily Conaghan via firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?