Bookkeeper / Accounts All-rounder
Advertiser: D'Angelo Engineering Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting
D’Angelo Engineering is a manufacturing company located in Laverton North, a family owned business established for over 50 years.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts All-rounder for this hands-on Bookkeeping / Accounts position which requires an organised individual to manage. This is not your stereo typical bookkeeping role there is plenty of variety. The successful applicant who will join our small friendly team will have proven Bookkeeping experience, be passionate with a keen eye for detail.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Full function weekly payroll processing for 25 employees
- Lodging payroll tax, super contributions and Workcover
- Preparation of BAS/IAS
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Banking/ reconciliations
- Preparation and maintenance of P&L
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Supervision of a Part Time Acccounts Assistant
- Completing additional administration and Ad Hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounting / Bookkeeping experience min. 5 years
- Be proficient in the use of accounting software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- The ability to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritise and support a busy team
- Intermediate/advanced Excel, Word and Outlook skills is a MUST
- Systems savvy and able to create new processes
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to problem solve and work things out with minimal training
- Positive attitude with a pro-active approach
- Ability to multi-task
Highly regarded but not essential:
- Cert IV in Bookkeeping
- Experience with SAP software
- Immediate start
If this job appeals to you, click on the "Apply for this job" button. Be sure to include a contact telephone number.
Please note that all applications require a cover letter and resume.
Applications may be addressed to:
Thank you in advance for your application and for your understanding that only short-listed applicants can be contacted.
No recruitment agencies, please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
- Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?