- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Telecommunications
Are you an IT enthusiast? Or someone who‘s fascinated by the latest tech? Then you are probably a great candidate to train for this varied and rewarding ICT job, which offers:
• Interesting work that makes a difference
• Job security in a supportive team environment
• An excellent work/life balance
• Clear career progression and ongoing training
• Free medical and dental
• Subsidised accommodation
• A healthy and fit lifestyle
• Unique experiences and opportunities to travel
• Amazing camaraderie and friendships
All that plus memorable experiences supporting Army exercises, operations and disaster-relief activities – with the potential for overseas travel.
This varied role will equip you with highly sought-after ICT skills.
You will work with the latest ICT technology and equipment maintaining a reliable flow of information vital to the Army’s decision making and operations. This exciting role offers diverse postings and qualifications.
As an Information Systems Technician you'll learn to set up the local and wide area networks that deliver this capability. You'll also
• Manage and maintain the networks
• Install printers, scanners and storage devices
• Install and monitor software
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
• Maintain communications security
• Assist in a helpdesk capacity
Your workplace will range from offices to vehicles and temporary facilities in the field. Wherever the location, you'll be helping provide your commanders with the information they need to plan and carry out their missions successfully. This is a dynamic role that's critical to what we do – protecting Australia and its interests at home and overseas.
Better still, in the Army you’ll be working for a modern, people-focussed organisation that offers a great lifestyle and opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Ready for an exciting new challenge? Then apply now.
• $65,659 p.a. plus super once trained (salaries correct as of 01/08/2019)
• Numerous other benefits
• Training: Wagga Wagga, NSW and Macleod, VIC
• Posting: Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney or Townsville
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian citizen
• Year 10 passes in English and maths
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to start your application. For more information view the full position description here: