Human Resources Manager
Advertiser: Australian Academy of ScienceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
- Fantastic HR role - flexible, part-time hours
- Work with a leading not-for-profit organisation
- Beautiful heritage location with free parking in Civic
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced candidate to:
- Provide strategic and operational HR advice and support to the Chief Executive (CE) and senior management team.
- Manage the Academy’s HR function, including recruitment, induction, probation, change management and staff engagement activities.
- Manage Work Health Safety (WHS).
- Oversee bi-annual staff survey.
- Formulate and review HR policies, procedures and employment conditions.
- Assist with the Academy’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
- Manage staff grievances and performance counselling issues.
- Work closely with the Payroll Officer regarding employee contracts and changes.
- Permanent part time role: approx. 22.5 – 25 hours per week. Days in office flexible.
Please see further information about the role at www.science.org.au/careers
About the Academy of Science
The Australian Academy of Science provides independent, authoritative and influential scientific advice, promotes international scientific engagement, builds public awareness and understanding of science, and champions, celebrates and supports excellence in Australian science.
Further information is available from:
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter and Resume.
- Please refer to the information on the Academy Careers website when completing your Cover Letter, which should be a maximum of two (2) pages. Summarise how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role. The Selection Criteria do not need to be addressed separately.
- Email applications to: email@example.com
- Applications close 5.00pm Monday, 16 December 2019
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
The Australian Academy of Science values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment. The Academy supports and promotes flexible work practices.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources manager?