Advertiser: Marymead Child and Family CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Marymead has been operating in the Canberra and surrounding NSW regions for more than 50 years, delivering therapeutic and support services to meet the needs of children, young people and families in the community. Our organisation has a justifiable reputation for the delivery of high quality services to support vulnerable children, young people and families.
Marymead Supported & Supervised Contact Program provides supported contact to children who are living in foster care, or with an extended family member (kinship care), where child protection orders exist. We also provide supported contact services to high conflict families post separation, as directed by the courts.
Supported Contact is solely for the use of children who have had child protection intervention. The children using this program will be living in Out of Home Care, and require contact visits with their non-residential parents or significant others, including siblings and grandparents, where required.
Marymead Family Workers, in conjunction with the Shift supervisors and Family Liaison officer, work with the referring agency and parents to ensure that the service provided is individualised, therapeutic and goal oriented.
We are now seeking casual Family Workers to join our ACT team.
Qualification, certifications and/or security clearances
- Relevant experience; and
- Senior first aid certificate; (at own expense)
- Certificate/Diploma in child care or welfare studies or a related discipline an advantage;
- ACT Working With Vulnerable People Card
- Unrestricted Driver's Licence.
- Experience with clients referred by statutory agencies and the practice issues involved;
- Familiarity with the indicators of child abuse and a willingness to work within a legislated child protection framework;
- Familiarity with a wide range of child welfare and community services; and
- Familiarity with the Family Court system.
How to apply
Please apply via our employment page (copy and paste the link below into your browser) by submitting your current CV and cover letter by 13 December 2019.
Marymead is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
MARYMEAD IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT