Full-time and Casual Medical Receptionists
Advertiser: Florey Medical CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Florey Medical Centre has been established for more than 30 years in the Belconnen area and aims to provide comprehensive holistic healthcare for multicultural Canberra.
At present we have 7 GP's and 2 practice nurses.
Practice opening hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am to 7:00pm
- Saturday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Sunday & most public holidays: 9:00am to 3:00pm
We are looking for a highly experienced, motivated, professional, reliable & punctual receptionist with excellent communication and computer skills. You will be working in a supportive environment where team work and a friendly nature are highly valued.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring a friendly and professional service is provided to patients
- Greeting patients, answering telephone calls, patient triage and booking patient appointments
- Maintaining confidentiality and patient privacy at all times
- Preparation and receipting of patient accounts
- Follow up of outstanding accounts
- Scanning mail and allocating results and reports
- Banking reconciliation
- Working in a team to support the practice manager
Essential selection criteria:
- Minimum two years of medical reception experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly & carefully follow instructions
- Ability to touch type with high level of speed and accuracy
- Thorough attention to detail
- Friendly, professional, mature and courteous nature
- Reliable, ability to multi-task and prioritise duties
- Ability to work harmoniously as part of a team and also independently without supervision
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Medical Director and Pracsoft highly desirable.
If you meet all the above requirements please send your cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria and your CV to Megan de Vries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What's your average typing speed?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?