Advertiser: Peacockes Solicitors Pty LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
We are a regional law firm with a progressive and innovative attitude. Our head office is in Dubbo, and our regional offices are in Gilgandra, Narromine and Canowindra. Our established general practice prides itself in finding business and family solutions for our clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a legal assistant to join our Dubbo Office legal team on a full-time basis.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Provide paralegal and / or conveyancing support to one or more solicitors, including all aspects of conveyancing related work if required;
- Draft and finalise correspondence and legal documentation;
- Property documentation preparation and settlement.
- Client liaison;
- General office administrative duties which may include reception and answering incoming calls if required;
- Managing diaries and appointments;
- General office support duties including opening files, filing (electronic and physical) and archiving of files;
- Assisting with billing, and collection of invoices; and
- File management
Skills and experience
- Experience in a legal secretarial or paralegal role preferred;
- Completed conveyancing course, or conveyancing qualifications preferred (or a willingness to obtain those qualifications);
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills;
- Experience using Open Practice an advantage;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to work as a team and when required also be able to work autonomously.
- Immediate start preferred
This position will provide development, challenge and reward for the right applicant. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to our office manager Chris Tongue at email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a legal secretary?
- Do you have secretarial experience?