- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- $31.90 - $34.95 per hour + shift penalties & super
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
About the position at the Mater Hospital Mackay
The Mater Hospital Mackay are currently seeking applications for an Administration Assistant to join our Administration team. This role is being offered on a casual basis.
With a strong history of providing exceptional care to the Central Queensland community for more than 100 years, the Mater Hospital Mackay are seeking dedicated professionals to continue this tradition.
As an Administration Assistant, you will be responsible for providing efficient and customer focused reception and clerical services to patients, visitors, and staff. You will work in different areas as required with the opportunity to work in Administration, Emergency Care Centre, and Medical Suites. Duties will include but are not limited to reception duties, patient appointments/correspondence, debtor collection processes, billing of accounts, providing clerical support to Medical Officers, and other general administrative tasks.
As the successful candidate for this role you will have:
- Previous experience working in an administration/clerical role;
- Pevious experience in a medical reception or acute care medical administration role;
- The ability to work across a 7 day roster including lates, weekends, and public holidays (as required);
- Demonstrated experience in customer service principles;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both informal and formal;
- Proficient typing skills and a demonstrated ability to use computer software packages and Word, Excel, Databases, Microsoft Outlook;
- The ability to work autonomously and also within a team environment;
- Australian citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency to apply.
Apply for this position on SEEK or through our website at https://www.mercycq.com/mh/careers where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Mackay vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Elizabeth Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours.
Please note that stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
About the Organisation
Mercy Health & Aged Care Central Queensland Limited (MH&ACCQL) is a not-for-profit provider of Catholic health and aged care services operating Mater Hospitals in Rockhampton, Mackay, Bundaberg and Gladstone and Aged Care facilities, Bethany, Leinster Place and McAuley Place in Rockhampton. In addition MH&ACCQL operates its own Food (Mercy Food Service) and Linen (Mercy Linen Service) Services. Those who work with MH&ACCQL must have a commitment to the Mission, Philosophy and Values of the organisation.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administrative assistant?