Operations Project Manager
Advertiser: IPS AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Management
IPS Australia is a leader in the sale and service of rotating equipment including turbo-compressors, steam turbines, reciprocating compressors, gearboxes and pumps. We provide services to a wide range of end users across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
We are looking to engage a Project Manager to manage the orders received for after sales activities at IPS Australia ensuring safety, high quality, and on time delivery of service jobs.
The Project Manager is responsible for the contractual execution of workshop and field service jobs and will work alongside the Workshop Manager and the Field Service Manager. On occasions, support to clients and the team will be required in odd hours/weekends.
The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
- contractual execution of workshop and field service jobs.
- chair the weekly Operation meeting for the IPS field service and workshops and issue a weekly updated planning to the management.
- Preparation and management of quotations and tenders, especially for emergent work in the workshop, including sourcing quotes from sub-contractors.
- Maintain client liaison throughout the process.
- Recruit skilled casual resources to suit job requirements.
- Update casual resource database to ensure only quality resources are engaged
- Identify and secure subcontractors for Field Service and Workshop activities.
- Send IPS Purchase Order and associated QA documents.
- Comparison and evaluation of quotations from sub-contractors.
- cost control of contracts to secure acceptable margin level and ongoing client updates.
- Review the invoices to client before submission.
- Reporting of job progress and other related matters to the Commercial Department, including revenue forecast and updating Project Management system.
- Follow up the customer feedback after job completion.
- Management of larger field service projects that require an onsite Project Manager.
- Actively promote the service and repair activities which are offered by the IPS workshops and field service teams.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of sales strategies for the future expansion
- Coordinate with Business Development Managers responsible for represented products/regions.
Qualifications and attributes required for this role are:
- 2-3 years experience preferably in project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good understanding/knowledge of quality and safety management systems and knowledge in project management and tender preparation.
- Understanding in rotating machinery like steam and gas turbines, axial, radial, reciprocating and screw compressors, pumps and other rotating equipment.
- Leadership skills, ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Proficiency in computer skills in order to prepare tenders, reports, etc.
- Proactive, anticipating the needs of colleagues and customers.
- Fine-tuned communication skills with varying levels within a company.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to work in a very specialized industry serving a wide range of customers and work within an excellent team environment.The role comes with an attractive salary package.
To find out more about IPS Australia, go to www.ipsaus.com.au or www.linkedin.com/company/ips-australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in project management?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?