- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy specialising in dynamics, systems engineering, testing, and measurement.
Our Melbourne branch is seeking an experienced project engineer to join our Environmental Testing team. This is a rare opportunity to apply your mechanical engineering skills to provide tailored solutions for our clients on a daily basis.
This role will best suit those with both a technical, hands-on approach to engineering as well as excellent communication skills and customer service. The successful applicant will be expected to work autonomously on multiple projects as well as form part of the wider team and contribute to the overall success of the group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients to determine test requirements.
- Review of test plans for generation of formal project scopes and quotes.
- In house design and development of mechanical and electrical test rigs and fixtures.
- Overseeing of technical staff during the build phase of customised test rigs.
- Setup and execution of tests according to Australian, Military and International standards as well as bespoke, one-off test plans.
- Detailed formal reporting of test execution, observations and results.
- Working within an ongoing quality management system (ISO 17025).
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering with 4-5 years’ experience.
- Mechanical design experience – proficient in CAD (SolidWorks) and FE Analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in manual machining and fabrication methods.
- Experience with control systems (PLC) and various forms of instrumentation.
- Hands on experience in testing or development works.
- Troubleshooting of equipment failures.
The successful applicant will be:
- Subject to police and defence clearance checks.
- Hold a valid, full-time Australian working visa.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by using the 'apply now' button.
Vipac is an equal opportunity employer, and provides a flexible, supportive workplace. We are close to public transport and have an onsite pool, and subsidised cafe.