Systems Administrator / Specialist Technician
Advertiser: Dyna IT Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $40 - $44.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Dyna IT Pty Ltd contracts Technical Support staff to schools and educational institutes. Currently Dyna IT Pty Ltd is seeking suitably qualified applicants to fill Specialist Technician roles across Victoria. Currently we have a part-time, 24 hours per week, position available in the Dandenong area.
The lifestyle of the Specialist Technician role is the key selling point for applicants, as by default 50% of school holidays are designated for time off (approx 6 weeks). Additional time off during school holidays can also be arranged. We also pride ourselves in giving our staff an excellent work-life balance.
The successful applicant should have a minimum 3 years experience in a similar role and will require high level, advanced technical skills in:
- Windows Server 2016 & 2019
- Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and general image creation and deployment
- Active Directory Federation Services and Office 365
- Service and management of Windows and Apple devices
- Cisco Switching
- General Network Administration
- Good communication and documentation skills essential
- Motivated, self-starter; able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates
- Resourceful - able to find and research information in order to derive appropriate solutions to problems
- Punctual, thorough
- A good communicator, able to document technical procedures, and follow documentation of others
- Ability to troubleshoot and fault find through systematic processes of observation and elimination
- Relevant experience in an educational setting, along with knowledge of wireless deployment.
- Previous experience with planning, deployment & management of 1 to 1 user devices in an enterprise environment will be highly regarded.
- The applicant would also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and run ICT professional development sessions and work collaboratively with the Schools' ICT Management.
- A Drivers Licence and Motor Vehicle is required for travel between school sites.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check.
- Previous experience in an education environment will be highly regarded.
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?
- Which of the following Microsoft desktop certifications have you completed?
- What's the highest level of ITIL qualification you have completed?