HR & Training OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
ABOUT WESTERN MEAT PACKERS GROUP
Proudly West Australian, Western Meat Packers Group (WMPG) is a family run company and is today, one of Australia's most trusted beef and lamb processors and exporters. Starting off in a small boning room in 1983, WMPG has grown significantly since inception and is constantly expanding, with traditional values of customer and supplier loyalty remaining at the forefront of what we do. Catering to both domestic and international markets, Western Meat Packers Group has a long standing legacy of ensuring a consistent range of quality meat products are delivered to our Clients - consistently, efficiently, and reliably!
We are currently seeking a HR Advisor to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. Reporting to the General Manager, this stand-alone, independent position will support the business by delivering the entire HR and IR spectrum to our two sites, at Osborne Park and Cowaramup. Specifically, this role will be responsible for the following duties which include but are not limited to:
- End-to-end recruitment, including on-boarding
- Employee relations and performance management – facilitating grievance resolution and disciplinary processes
- Creation and implementation of policies and procedures
- IR issues – interpreting industrial instruments and providing advice with regards to legislation, relevant Awards and the WMPG EBA
- Facilitate documentation in relation to all aspects of HR
- Coordination of the Workers Compensation process (claims and return to work programs)
The successful candidate will be tasked with initially ensuring a complete HR Framework is created and implemented across the business.
In addition, this role will play a major part in driving change and re-enforcing workplace culture.
To be considered for the position, you will require:
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role preferably in the food processing or manufacturing sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of employment law and its application, and experience dealing with industrial relations matters
- Experience dealing with union representatives
- Ability to build rapport at all levels of the organisation
As this is a stand-alone position, you will be self-sufficient, independent and will enjoy making the role your own. You will therefore be presented with plentiful opportunities to develop new HR processes and cultural initiatives, creating a lasting impact.
At WMPG we offer a positive workplace culture, close team networks and a supportive work environment. We encourage our employees to have an enjoyable and rewarding career with an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity.
If you believe you possess the relevant attributes and experience to excel in this role, please click "Apply for this job", where you will be expected to attach a current copy of your Resume as well as a Cover Letter addressing the above Job Criteria.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, however, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applicants.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of employment & workplace relations?