Wine Tour Guide
Advertiser: Ageing Barrel ToursMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Tour Guides
Ageing Barrel Tours operates regular guided wine tours to the Coal River Valley, Huon Valley & Channel & Derwent Valley Wine Regions in Southern Tasmania.
We aim to provide a premium customer experience to our guests and we are currently the number 1 ranked tour operator on TripAdvisor for our region.
We are currently seeking a Tour Driver who is enthusiastic about wine, particularly our local wine, meeting new people, our city Hobart and surrounds, history and life in general.
This position will include weekday and weekend work. An ability to work at short notice will also be preferable.
Our selection criteria will be based upon the following:
- A desire to be part of Tassie’s booming tourism industry
- A willingness to learn more about everything!
- Local knowledge of our wine, alcohol & food industry
- Sound driving skills
- Neat and tidy presentation
- Good time management skills
- An ability to connect with people of all ages & backgrounds
To fulfil this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- Clean un-restricted Australian Driver’s License (min. Light Rigid preferable)
- A current Ancillary Certificate (Other- PPV) issued in Tasmania
- A current Working with Vulnerable People Card issued in Tasmania
- The right to work in Australia
Please note that we cannot offer you a position without the above qualifications. If you wish to proceed with acquiring these qualifications, please contact us to advise of your situation as we may be interested in talking with you.
Candidates with prior experience as a tour guide/driver &/or hold a Level 2 First Aid Certificate will be preferred but this is not essential. Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV with cover letter to: email@example.com
Ageing Barrel Tours encourages everyone to enjoy alcohol responsibly