- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Other
-Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
- Proven strong customer service skills
- Happy and bubbly personality
- Always work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Physical fitness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Be flexible to take extra shifts if required
- Be available at short notice when there are operational needs
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Be well presented at all times
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Elements of Ship Board Safety qualification - Desirable
- Drivers Licence - Essential
- Coxswain Qualification - Desirable
- Senior First Aid Qualification - Desirable
- Experience in working in a fast-paced team to teach goals - Essential
- Experience in the Tourism and/or Hospitality Industry - Desirable
- Experience in the Marine Transport Industry - Desirable
About the role
The primary function of the Deck Hand role is customer service, maintenance of vessel presentation, ropes, paintwork and stores, and assisting with passenger and deck loading operations.
The Deck Hand responsibilities include provision of duties relevant to the vessels operations including but not limited to securing vessels to wharfs & moorings, loading/disembarking of vehicles, performing general cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the vessel including decks, breezeways, toilets, lounges, onshore facilities, storage and engine spaces.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- Manage the organisation, supply, stocking, rotation and replacement of the vessel stores including ropes, paint, first aid, equipment and tools
- Perform scheduled and general ship’s maintenance duties including painting, deck and general labour
- Vessel or general maintenance experience
- Proactively assist in the reporting, management and completion of deck maintenance requirements, including signage, fire and lifesaving equipment, communications, and painting
- Assist with mooring operations and the safe loading, unloading and carriage of passengers and supplies
- Manage and assist crew with the cleaning and presentation of the vessel including between sailings, slipping and ship's cleaning duties including public areas, decks, storage and engine spaces and onshore facilities
- Participate in formal and informal training, as required
- Ensure that the highest levels of customer service standards are maintained at all times
- Improve customer engagement
- Ensure the highest levels of personal presentation and grooming
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 9 December 2019.
Bruny Island TAS