Bookkeeeper and Assistant Accountant
Advertiser: Ironwood Taree Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Accounting, Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting
This role will assist the current book keeper with accounts receivable and payable function for the group and providing support to the business accountant in respect to month end processes, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting. In addition you may be required to assist in the processing of payroll and support in maintaining documentation with regards to this function.
Your key areas of responsibility may encompass:
· Accurate entry of invoices
· Assist with payment runs
· Assist with the maintaining the database
· Assist with the preparation of creditor statements
· Assist in the month-end close and management accounts reporting process,
· Provide information for and generate financial reports
· Assist in the fortnightly payroll run
Xero certified or demonstrated experience working with Xero is essential.
You will bring with you a desire to succeed, and a hardworking team mentality.
Skills and experience:
· Minimum 4 years experience in an accounts role
· Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office including Excel
· Ability to manage statutory reporting in required time frames
· Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting
· Ability to adapt and learn industry software
· Ability to multi-task and work independently
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Xero experience highly desirable
· Up to date knowledge of ATO and superannuation requirements
· Effective communication skills (written and oral)
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
· Knowledge of general accounting principles and concepts
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
- Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?