- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- SCHADS Level 6 up to $44.79ph + Super and Sal-Pac
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
POSITION VACANT – Intake Caseworker
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Intake Caseworker to join our Casework Team, based in Lismore on a full time basis.
About the opportunity, CASPA is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of specialised care services for youth and families with complex trauma based needs and for people with disabilities. Our programs include Therapeutic Residential Care, Intensive Family Preservation, Therapeutic Foster Care, Restoration and other associated care types. We are a registered NDIS provider, and provide Bail Hostels for Youth aged 12-17 to support diversionary practice from the criminal justice system. We provide a range of Family Support and Education programs as well.
We are a growing and diversifying organisation.
As a Caseworker with CASPA, you will provide professional, flexible and accountable casework for clients associated with the service and that support the children and young people in our care.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and whose values align with ours:
'Inspiring People to Thrive.'
Do you have?
- a Diploma and/or Bachelor in Social Science, Social Work or other relevant qualifications
- a minimum of 2 years out of home care casework experience
- a demonstrated thorough understanding of all acts and regulations relevant to out of home care
- the demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with inter-agency personnel
- a demonstrated thorough understanding of Acts, Regulations and Standards as to the reasons why quality casework is essential to CASPA's practices
- knowledge of youth related issues and service models i.e. accommodation/education
- demonstrated high computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft office software
If you are looking to join a committed team making a powerful difference in the lives of young people and families, we would love to hear from you. Experience and working knowledge of the Out of Home Care system would be an advantage. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Why work at CASPA?
- CASPA actively supports staff to have a healthy work life balance
- Our Caseworkers are paid competitively at SCHADS Level 6
- Free gym membership to support your Wellbeing
- Free access to internal and external training opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Great professional development opportunities for those who want career progression
- An Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
- A wonderful and caring workplace culture full of committed individuals who feel part of CASPA's fabric.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our employees are able to take advantage of salary packaging to receive up to $15,900 of their salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits
Working with Children and Criminal History Checks are requirements for all child related employment at CASPA.
To apply, please visit CASPA's Careers page https://www.caspa.asn.au/caspa-employment for a full position description and to learn more about our organisation.
All applications must include a current Resume / CV together with a Cover Letter that addresses the Selection Criteria of the Intake Caseworker.
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be assessed ongoing
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?