Advertiser: Fosterville Gold Mine Pty Ltd - PO 18537More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Kirkland Lake Gold is an international mining and exploration company focused on safely meeting production targets and sustainable growth. The company owns and operates the Fosterville Gold Mine in Central Victoria.
The Fosterville Gold Mine is a world class mining operation which is located approximately 20 kilometres east of Bendigo in Central Victoria. With its population of approx. 100,000 people, Bendigo is one of Victoria’s largest and fastest growing rural cities and offers a great lifestyle choice.
The predominantly owner miner operations are currently expanding rapidly and have embarked on an exciting growth stage to become one of the premier underground gold mines in Australia.
Fosterville Gold Mine invites suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of IT Coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and maintain optimum performance of IT services for all Fosterville (FGM) related sites and departments, encompassing service design, service transition and service operation functions.
This role’s primary objective is to deliver a resilient and secure production environment including service lifecycle management, change & release management, incident resolution & request fulfilment both directly and indirectly through managed service providers.
Critical to the success is the development of key relationships with business partners to understand operational requirements and ensure alignment with design & delivery of IT Services as part of a broader Australian and Global IT team.
Reporting to the IT Manager - Australia, your duties will include:
- Coordination all day to day IT activities at FGM across corporate, production and exploration areas
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and support Infrastructure & Applications within business agreed Service Levels
- Drive the documentation, audit & compliance and standardisation of infrastructure & applications
- Act as the Level 2 / 3 escalation point for major incidents, changes and problems working collaboratively with Site Electrical / Maintenance teams and Vendors to achieve desired business outcomes
- Provide leadership on resolution of complex issues arising throughout the technology lifecycle
- Improve Service Management processes to drive consistent delivery assurance & performance
- Manage the transition to operations for equipment & services delivered by project teams
- Assess and approve change requests and promote the awareness of management of change
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimise or remove production impact
- Maintain register of Work Orders & Projects and work with IT Manager to asses, approve and track
- Assist in the management and delivery of relevant outsourced vendor agreements and services
- Participate in the development of IT budgets and control & monitoring of associated expenditure
- Participation in compliance audits, particularly SOX, working with Finance & Audit teams
- Positively influence and shape the team culture to ensure a safe, productive and enjoyable workplace
- Ensure maintenance & proactive support activities are defined, implemented and improved
- Ensures the protection of information assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information
- Provide general advice & guidance & application support to FGM staff & contractors as required
- Participate in non-business hours project & preventative maintenance activities as required
- Emergency out-of-hours support to Managed Service & onsite Electrical / Maintenance as required
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- STEM Qualification or Trade certificate preferred in ICT or Network / Communication technologies
- Experience in the mining industry is highly desirable or related industrial / manufacturing sectors
- ITIL or similar industry best practice tool certification, preferred but not essential
- IT network certifications valued but not essential (CCNA,CCNP,CCIE – or industry recognised equivalent)
- Demonstrated history if managing and supporting complex Infrastructure & Application environments
- Strong technically but aspires to develop and improve management and leadership capabilities
- Strong communication skills who can easily articulate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
- Customer service oriented approach exercising disciplined methodologies to achieve outcomes
- Self-motivated, autonomous and enthusiastic technologist who enjoys working within a team
- High level of organisational & time management skills delivering outcomes within agreed timeframes
The roster for this residential position will be Monday – Friday
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications, knowledge and experience. If required, relocation assistance will be provided. A functional capacity/medical assessment and a national crime check will form part of the recruitment process.
For more company information please view our website at www.klgold.com.
“Fosterville Gold Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
Please submit your application by Friday 27th December 2019 by clicking the Apply for this job button.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?