Advertiser: WoodhouseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
The Woodhouse Timber Company is an Australian owned and established business that services the Queensland, New South Wales, ACT, Victorian, South Australian and Western Australian markets with premium building products.
Operating under an exclusive wholesale supply chain model, Woodhouse distributes its product ranges through a recognised network of Building Material and Hardware Merchants; Home Centre Outlets; and Truss and Wall frame manufacturers.
Our range includes Structural and Decorative Remanufactured Plantation Pine products for internal and external building projects and applications.
We are currently seeking a full time Storeperson to join our New South Wales team.
This role has a strong focus placed on customer service, time management and meeting order deadlines with the ability to work autonomously.
Key competencies and duties responsible include:
- Uphold and abide by Woodhouse Timber's safety management system;
- Pull, pack, strap and wrap timber orders in a timely, efficient manner;
- Ability to correctly read and understand customer orders to ensure orders are filled correctly;
- Have legible/reasonable hand writing to complete required order paperwork;
- Rack timber as required following the correct procedure;
- Communicate clearly and politely with drivers, customers and office staff at all times;
- Safely operate a docking saw following all safety procedures (training will be provided);
- Keep your designated work area clean and tidy at all times;
- Follow stock procedures as directed and assist with regular stock counts when required; and
- Undertake additional duties as and when required by your warehouse supervisor or management.
- Must possess a great work ethic;
- Prior experience in the timber industry will be highly regarded, although not essential;
- Proficient written & verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to make sound decisions;
- Physically capable of undertaking hands on heavy lifting (up to 30kg); and
- Ability to work autonomously.
Woodhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we embrace and value diversity along with our strong commitment to Safety.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to work for a company where you are genuinely appreciated and supported apply now!
Please note only those candidates successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
No recruitment agency applications please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have picker packer experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?