- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with three Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally with no debt and geographical asset diversity. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness.
As a result of internal growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity at our Jundee operation for a diligent Project Engineer to join our team on an attractive FIFO 8/6 roster. Jundee is a world class and well-established gold mining operation situated in the Northern Yandal Greenstone Belt that continuously delivers industry leading metrics. Since acquiring Jundee in 2014, Northern Star has successfully concentrated on growing Jundee’s resources, reserves and production profile restoring its world class status and extending mine life visibility.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Great company culture with the opportunity to build strong relationships across all our sites.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Excellent site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness facilities & classes.
What's the role on offer?
In this diverse and challenging role you will be responsible for providing engineering and technical advice for process infrastructure projects. You will ensure sound engineering practices are applied and project deliverables are developed and executed in accordance with business objectives within the Processing department.
Key responsibilities of your role include:
- Providing project management on key projects through all project phases including feasibility, design, planning, permitting, execution, commissioning and optimisation.
- Developing budgets and providing cost control functions on projects.
- Providing procurement tracking functions for projects.
- Liaising with third party engineering resources in a timely manner.
- Managing contractors and contractor performance for projects.
- Providing engineering advice and support to Management and peers.
- Developing resource schedules for projects to be completed during shutdowns.
- Reviewing projects for constructability impacts and minimising downtime via shutdowns.
- Providing monthly progress updates for projects.
Are you our next Project Engineer?
You'll be a highly motivated individual with behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in the future growth and stability of the mine.
- Engineering degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Metallurgy from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- 3+ years post-graduate relevant experience in mineral processing plants or engineering design related role.
- Previous mine site experience.
- Experience in some of the following aspects; engineering design, planning, procurement, construction, commissioning and optimisation.
- Experience in scheduling, scope of work development, budget development, and cost control
- Sound understanding of project control functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the 'apply' button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project engineer?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?