Student / Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Advertiser: Herrenknecht AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Herrenknecht is a world-leading supplier of mechanized tunnelling machines and associated equipment for all round tunnelling solutions. Herrenknecht Australia, a subsidiary of the global organisation, operates with a small, dedicated team offering site support to active local tunnelling projects before, during and after TBM excavation. In-house engineering capabilities allow us to work with tunnelling contractors to find solutions to unique and challenging problems related to tunnel construction.
We are currently seeking a Student or Graduate Engineer to join our Melbourne team.
This role reports to the Project Managers and Senior Engineers both in Melbourne and to the Brisbane office in QLD.
The purpose of the Student or Graduate Engineer position is to prepare quality technical documents for use on current the TBM projects, assist in management of the spare parts of the machinery, investigate and document non-conformities and assist the local project managers with site administrative works while corresponding between Melbourne and Brisbane sites. Documents may include but are not limited to Condition Reports, Progress Reports, Safe Work Procedures, Engineering Drawings, Engineering Calculations and Non-Conformity Reports.
We are seeking a January commencement with full or part time hours on a casual basis. The role may evolve and extend to a permanent position with Mechanical Engineering Design, Drafting, and additional responsibilities.
SOME OF THE KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
Provide assistance to the Engineering department to:
- Prepare condition and progress reports and update the reports on a weekly basis as the work progresses.
- Prepare other technical documents including Safety documents, work procedures, commissioning procedures, non-conformity reports etc.
- Speak with Engineers and Technicians to understand the tasks and problems to be documented.
- Maintain a running cost summary to track the project budget.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance.
- Manage the review, amendment and approval process of documents, taking accountability for complete documentation delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL:
- Ideally seeking a Student or Graduate Engineer (preferably Mechanical) with some relevant technical experience
- Exciting entry level Student or Graduate Engineer opportunity, with possibility for further opportunities in Mechanical Engineering Design and Drafting.
- Proficient computing skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Autocad skills preferred
- Own vehicle and licence to travel between office and job site
- Time and task management skills
- Committed, driven and persistent
- Strong team player
- Work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- Operate in a hands-on manner
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?