Medical SecretaryPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
The role will be 6 days per fortnight, with potential to increase in the future. The position is located between both Chermside and Auchenflower, though predominantly at Chermside. We are looking for someone who is very organised & hard working, with excellent communication skills and can work in our team environment. The role will report to both the Practice Manager and/or the Doctor directly.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- General reception duties including greeting patients, managing patient appointments and admission bookings, preparing and running patient clinics.
- Managing incoming phone calls, emails & patient enquiries in a timely manner.
- Organising, scanning & faxing incoming & outgoing correspondence.
- Use of medical objects and/or other medical software.
- Medical typing.
- Patient billing both online & eftpos.
- Strong customer service focus and excellent presentation.
- Outstanding organisational skills with strong attention to detail, particularly for handovers.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment.
- Ability to work a 5-day week as cover during the holiday periods of the Practice Manager.
- Experience in a medical practice and/or as a medical secretary.
- Experience with medical software – Genie, Best Practice, Medilink.
- General understanding of medical terminology & importance of patient privacy & confidentiality.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the right candidate.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical secretary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to work school holidays?