Indigenous Business Support Officer
Advertiser: Supply NationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Indigenous & Multicultural Services
Have you ever wanted to work in an organisation where you feel like you're creating a positive impact every single day?
Supply Nation is an organisation with purpose. Our team is inspired by our vision of creating a vibrant, prosperous and sustainable Indigenous business sector. We're proud of a recent study that reported that every single staff member feels fulfilled at work. Does that sound like a culture you'd like to be part of?
Your next career step could be instrumental in creating an Australia where everyone has the same opportunities to achieve their goals through business ownership.
If you have a passion for making change; enjoy working with others; and the drive to work towards a common vision – this could be the perfect role for you.
A full-time opportunity is now available in our Supplier engagement team for an Indigenous Business Support Officer located in either our Sydney or Brisbane offices. Reporting to the National Manager, Indigenous Business Engagement, this role will be critical in:
- Growing the number of Indigenous businesses registered with Supply Nation to aid the advancement of economic development for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Supporting our registered Indigenous businesses to access procurement opportunities within Australia's largest organisations
- Working with Australia's leading supplier diversity organisation at the forefront of a growing global movement
We're a dynamic and growing team that lives by our shared values of integrity, accountability, collaboration, excellence and empowerment.
We encourage you to apply if you are:
- A talented communicator capable of building and maintaining strong relationships
- Comfortable working with procurement teams and Indigenous suppliers; from high level executives to operations teams and everyone in-between
- Keen to focus on effectively and efficiently growing the Indigenous business sector in Australia
- Someone with the drive to help make Australia a more equal society through supplier diversity,
Please note - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Need more reasons to apply?
- As a Not-For-Profit organisation, Supply Nation offers salary packaging benefits in addition to a competitive remuneration package
- You'll be working alongside talented and passionate professionals in an organisation that's growing and achieving significant goals!
Further details about the role, responsibilities and key selection criteria are available at the following link:
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.
Your application must include:
- Your current resume, and
- A cover letter describing what appeals to you in the role, why you think you would be an outstanding candidate, and how your experience and skills meet the selection criteria.
Applications that do not contain both your cover letter and your resume will not be considered.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will be conducted 13-17 January 2020. Short-listed candidates must be available for interviews during this period.
Applications close COB Friday 3rd January 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business support officer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island communities?