Experienced Underground Operator
Advertiser: Castlemaine Goldfields - Ballarat Gold MineMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Castlemaine Goldfields Pty Ltd (CGT) is a successful Victorian gold explorer and producer. Our primary focus is the high-grade underground gold mine in Ballarat, which started producing gold in September 2011.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, your key responsibility will be the safe and productive performance of a variety of underground mine activities including relief shift supervision, jumbo, charge up and loader operation.
To be successful in this role you will meet the following criteria:
- Extensive experience in an underground mine environment, with proven capability to efficiently perform a range of underground mine activities;
- High standard of safe behaviour with a strong team focus, work ethic and a capacity for handling multiple tasks in a dynamic production environment;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal direct supervision in a small team environment;
- Commitment to a respectful and cooperative work environment in line with CGT policies and company expectations.
- Current Victorian blasting licence (Black Ticket).
The current roster is a continuous 7 on 7 off, with night shift forming part of the roster.
This is rare residential mine opportunity based in Ballarat which is one of Victoria’s largest and fastest growing regional cities. Ballarat is home to some the state’s finest educational and healthcare facilities with historical links to the gold rush and Eureka Stockade. Ballarat offers a wide range of cultural activities centred on the arts, music and food. Affordable housing and its proximity to Melbourne makes Ballarat an ideal location for work and family life.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now via SEEK.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have underground mining experience?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?