Environmental Scientist (Canberra)
Advertiser: Lanterra Consulting Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
- Interesting projects and great clients
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- 0 – 3 years post qualification experience
We are a boutique, Canberra-based environmental consultancy with a focus on providing sound, practical contaminated land and environmental management advice to our clients. We work with a variety of private and public sector clients to assess and remediate contaminated sites both within ACT and surrounding NSW regions. Due to recent growth in the market, we are looking for an Environmental Scientist to join our team.
Reporting directly to our Principal Environmental Scientist, you will work on a variety of projects in and around Canberra. As a minimum you will have completed a Tertiary qualification in an Earth Science or Environmental Science related discipline.
You will be an important member of the team, undertaking sampling in the field, analysing and interpreting data and preparing a range of environmental reports for clients and government regulatory authorities.
Your hours of work will vary, depending on client requirements and will include some early starting times (between 6am and 7am). It is essential that you have a current driver’s licence and your own vehicle.
In this role you will develop your skills in:
- Field investigations including water and soil sampling.
- Preparing, analysing and interpreting data for technical reports to clients and the EPA.
- Assisting with the preparations of proposals.
- Interacting with clients while in the field.
Previous experience in environmental fieldwork will be highly regarded.
This role will suit an enthusiastic scientist looking to build their career in the environmental consulting sector. You will need to have strong analytical skills, the ability to build productive working relationships and excellent written and verbal communication skills. A willingness to learn is also essential.The salary for this role will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
For more information please contact Dr. Chris Gunton at email@example.com or to apply please click on the "Apply" button. Your application should include a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role and your resume, including the names of at least two referees. Referees will not be contacted without permission.
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
No agencies please.
This role is only open to persons who have the legal right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?