- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
The Education Centre of Australia (ECA) is one of the leading and diverse education group that operates at the forefront of Australia’s higher education sector with multiple campuses in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Over the past two decades we have helped tens of thousands of through English language courses, undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees and targeted internships.
As a growing network of colleges, we are looking for more people to join us in providing high quality educational experiences and project-based learning opportunities to students from around the world to transform their lives.
As an integral member of the team, you will have a rewarding opportunity to progress your career within education industry. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company and is self-motivated and an enthusiastic 'go-getter' who likes to take responsibility.
The Financial Officer assumes overall responsibility for supporting business’s finance functions.
Financial Officer Key Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility includes AP/AR including reimbursements and Petty Cash handling.
- Maintaining the AR invoices in student management system and refund processing.
- Advising and handling inquiry regarding Fee and supplier related to business division.
- Conducting bank accounts and credit card reconciliation on weekly basis.
- Providing administrative support to the Finance functions, data analysis using Excel, and other ancillary clerical tasks
- Assists with the institution's various financial and treasury operations.
- Month end duties involves strict timeline bank account reconciliations, including few balance sheet accounts and profit and loss.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets while working closely with team leaders and general manager of business division.
If you have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting / Finance, or related Field. Ideally part qualified CPA or CA.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance.
- Knowledge of Financial and Management Accounting fundamentals.
- Working experience with XERO Accounting software.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies and procedures and the regulatory environment within which they operate.
In return we will offer you:
- A supportive team environment
- Energetic culture that inspires and supports excellence
- Work/life balance
- Professional development
- Expanding network of contacts
ECA is an equal opportunity employer, and that candidates must have full working rights to be employed within Australia for a reasonable period of time.
If you feel you meet the above requirement, then apply now!
Due to the expected high volume of responses only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the position with ECA!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you previously worked for ECA or any of its entities?