People and Culture (HR) Coordinator
Advertiser: Maple Event GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
FENIX EVENTS (RICHMOND) & LEONDA BY THE YARRA (HAWTHORN)
- Listed 7th in the 2018 Best Places to Work across the whole of Australia (under 100 employees)
- Create a WOW experience and make a difference to your colleagues and our clients
- New Year, New Opportunity? A hands-on, generalist HR opportunity reporting to the People & Culture Manager (team of 2)
We are looking for a super organised, experienced People & Culture Coordinator to join the team at Maple Event Group to ultimately help us achieve our Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) in delivering WOW events to help us grow and expand Maple Event Group.
What exactly is required for the role?
You will be responsible for coordinating all of our People and Culture programs and platforms ensuring that we are creating the best possible working environment for our team, as well as helping recruit, engage, and develop the best people. More specifically you'll lead recruitment up to mid-management roles; lead our Maple Event Group monthly and annual award (MEGA) program; plan our mid and end-of-year company events; support with designing learning content to upskill our line managers; be the database maintenance expert for our HR platform, Employment Hero; advise on minor employee relations issues; coordinate our OH&S program, and, most importantly take immense pride in making MEG a fun and dynamic place to work.
In the role you'll gain great insights about how to make MEG an ever better place to work by holding regular ‘P&C Catch Ups’ and ensuring we deliver an exceptional recruitment and onboarding experience which is measured via a net Net Promoter Score (NPS) – your two key performance indicators.
What do we need you to have?
Ideally you will have at least two years' HR/People & Coordination experience under your belt and have studied or be studying towards a tertiary qualification in People Management.
In addition, we would like you have:
- In-house recruitment experience
- HR Database maintenance experience, Employment Hero would be ideal.
- Superstar administrative skills
- The ability to juggle competing priorities effortlessly
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (we use Trello, Canva, Vidcruiter, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
- Polished presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proactive, positive, can-do attitude
We want to create and maintain the right culture here at MEG - one where 'how' we go about what we do is as important, if not more so, than 'what' we do, so we expect you to lead by example when it comes to our Values – we're sure you’ve seen what they are, if not, check out our video (below).
This is a permanent, full-time role working ordinary hours of 40 hours per week, split between both our venues.
Simply put we want someone who is an amazing Coordinator who is passionate about people.
What’s in it for me?
We are the best hospitality business to work for in Australia and our feedback demonstrates that. In 2018 we were ranked #7 on the Best Places to Work for list (under 100 employees). Our average employee engagement survey (ENPS) in the last 12 months is +63 (the average across event management is +14) and we are constantly striving to do better!
At work we look out for each other and do lots of nice things together including mid-year and end of year events, recognition programs, staff lunches twice a week, free or subsidised parking.
We also have a growing rewards and recognition program which is focused on providing a WOW experience to all our team.
We want to challenge what the industry currently does and what it can do, so you’ll be sure to get an experience you won’t find in any other event business.
Want to learn a bit more about Maple Event Group? Feel free to follow through to our website: www.mapleeventgroup.com.au.
Want to join the team? Please copy and paste the link below to apply for the role:
Find out more about our values by watching the video below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources coordinator?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?