Advertiser: St John Ambulance Australia (ACT) IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting
This is your invitation to join a successful, growing and close-knit team in the community sector and a wonderful opportunity for you to shine while using your Financial Management skills.
St John Ambulance (ACT) Inc. is a volunteer based not-for-profit organisation run entirely for the well-being of the Canberra community. As a registered charity we are reliant on the proceeds from commercial ventures to fund our humanitarian services. Helping tens of thousands of people across the Territory each year through the delivery of first aid at events staffed by teams of volunteers, to delivering first aid training and products to school children and the vulnerable people in the community. Revenue generated is returned to the community through community programs.
We are seeking a motivated, dynamic individual who is committed to providing exceptional financial support with an aim to exceed expectations.
The role is responsible for overseeing and supporting the continuous improvement of the core finance functions for financial accounting, policy and reporting by working closely with the CEO to ensure compliance with all financial and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and lead improvements in general ledger accounting, fixed asset accounting, reconciliations, accounting for all transactions
- Develop, maintain and promote practices for internal control, delegations, process development and documentation to limit financial risk
- Draft and review relevant Board/Audit papers
- Contribute to the business planning and budget/forecasting process, lead inputs into the fixed assets, depreciation, cash flow and balance sheet budgets/forecasts.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly Board and statutory reports to ensure compliance
- Manage and process payroll, leave and entitlements
- Manage annual audits
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualified CA or Bookkeeper with at least 7 years in a senior accounting position.
- Previous experience with managing of accounting systems, standard costs accounting, budgeting and reporting and process improvement in a commercial and or charitable organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with superior people and stakeholder management skills.
- In depth knowledge of legislative, regulatory and policy frameworks affecting the financial management and reporting
- Detailed and current knowledge of the Federal Taxation legislation including potential changes that may impact the organisation.
- Expert knowledge and experience using of Microsoft excel, MYOB and or Xero to manage finances and accounts.
- Experience working for a Not-For-Profit organisation or charity is preferable.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, apply now!
For more information, please contact Bianca Russell, CEO via email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a bookkeeper?