Parenting Advice Support Worker
Advertiser: AccordWestMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
Parenting Advice Support Worker
ATSI People are Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Accordwest is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based Organisation. We are offering a unique and fulfilling employment opportunity for a suitability qualified, innovative and motivated person for the position of Parenting Advice Support Worker. This position will be based in the Bunbury Regional Prison as well as providing services from the Bunbury Office and within community.
In this role:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of Parenting Advice and Support services to clients incarcerated in the Bunbury Region Prison.
- You will be responsible for undertaking client and family impact assessments.
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of care plans with affected family members.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with Indigenous clients, and their family and community members, in the development and implementation of healing plans.
- You will be responsible for providing individual counselling, education and skills development.
- You will be responsible for the development and delivery of parenting and relationships education and skill development groups.
- You will be responsible for organising and conducting family events at the Bunbury Regional Prison that support the education and skill development of clients.
- You will be responsible for providing family liaison, feedback and observation during prison visiting times.
- You will be responsible for providing service information and post-release referrals to community support services.
- You will participate in collaborative integrated multi-disciplinary teams that will include representation from other agencies.
- You will be supported in your role through comprehensive training and development specific to our organisation.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or another relevant field of Study.
- Minimum of three years of post-graduate experience in a relevant role.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking client intake assessments, client risk assessments and client case planning.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and clinical practice.
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable children, adolescents, families and individuals with a range of parenting or relationship issues.
- Demonstrated experience providing supports for key issues faced by prisoners and their family members.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring service outcomes, undertaking research and preparing required routine service reports for submission to funding bodies.
- Demonstrated experience in improving outcomes for clients with complex needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, with a demonstrated ability to use client information and reporting software.
- Department of Justice Prison Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work collaboratively within the fast-changing community services environment.
Generous salary incentives and conditions (including salary packaging) apply.
Applicants must submit a cover letter (no more than two pages) detailing how they believe they meet the Selection Criteria, as well as a current Curriculum Vitae.
At Accordwest we are committed to our ethos of “Every Story Matters.” We are committed to reflecting the needs of every individual within every community within which we work. Our communities include people from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people
- People with disability
- Sexually and gender diverse people
- People with lived experience of adversity
- People of all ages
We welcome employment applications from people who live in, understand and want to work with people from these diverse and valuable communities.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday, 13 December 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?