- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the Role
We leverage our extensive experience in accounting, financial planning and analysis, public reporting, control processes, tax and compliance to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, efficient capital allocation and sound financial planning.
The Assistant Accountant will be assisting the Financial Accounting Team with a range of accounting responsibilities including, financial accounting, reporting and compliance functions. The role reports to the Financial Accounting Manager.
What You'll Do
- Working closely with the Financial Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with month-end close to ensure that financial statements are accurately stated and deadlines are met
- Processing month-end journal entries and preparing month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Recording intercompany accounting transactions and the related reconciliations across entities
- Assisting with the monthly variance analysis on both State and National basis
- Assisting with the preparation of Business Activity Statements
- Assisting with analysing data for Fringe Benefit Tax returns
- Assisting with collation of data for External and Internal audits including SOX audits
- Assisting with various reporting including utilisation reporting, trend analysis and other ad-hoc reporting
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities
How You'll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to get broad exposure to finance functions of a global business, including local statutory reporting, US GAAP reporting, direct and indirect taxes and financial analysis. The Assistant Accountant will have the opportunity get exposure to global finance projects relating to compliance and operational efficiency.
- Degree Qualified accountant with 1+ year of accounting experience
- Professional services industry experience preferred but not essential
- Working Knowledge of ERP system preferred but not essential
- Good eye for detail
- Commitment, self-motivation and deadline driven
- Keen to work in a fast-paced environment and Multinational organisation
- Ability to interact and engage with key stakeholders
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Attractive remuneration
- Generous parental leave
- Medical insurance program (corporate membership) for individual and dependent(s)
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
- Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) – free to all employees and their immediate families
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.