Loan Officer / Credit Analyst
Advertiser: Well Home LoansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $75,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Credit
Who is Well Home Loans?
Well Home Loans is an online lender that specialises in providing simple, easy home loans to consumers. With a focus on technology and exceptional service, we provide consumers with the opportunity to get their home loan completely online and in their own time.
We're a modern online home loan provider, built from the ground up with Australian home owners in mind. As a non-bank lender with a history in residential mortgage loans going back over 45 years, we believe in providing simple, easy home loans direct to the Australian public.
We just believe in keeping it simple and personal. At Well, it's as personal as online gets.
About the role
Well Home Loans is looking for a Loan Officer to join our team. As a loan officer at Well, you will be responsible for ensuring the customer’s journey through to settlement of their home loan is a seamless one.
You will be responsible for underwriting the loan, assessing the application against the credit criteria and policy of the business. You will be responsible for collecting supporting information from the customers and liaising with third party partners in support of the home loan application.
Key points on the role require you to:
- Assess the risk of a customer’s application.
- Liaising with valuers, mortgage and title insurers and solicitors.
- Communication with applicants where required.
- Verification of information through supporting documentation.
- Ensuring adherence to relevant regulatory obligations for assessing credit (include NCCP, AML/KYC, Privacy Act and other relevant laws).
Skills and experience
As a loan officer, you will be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Must have had at least 3 years experience in similar roles at a residential mortgage lending institution (3-5 years would be preferable).
- Attention to detail is a “must-have skill” – yes there’s a test in this job posting.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to assess complex loan applications, including analysis of financial statements
- Experience with settlement activities and interactions with select panel lawyers.
- Must be highly computer literate on Excel, Word and Web based processing systems.
- Must display exceptional phone manner and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to interact within a team environment.
- Appropriate educational qualifications and a minimum Cert IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
To prove that you're the type of person we're looking for and are passionate about this job opportunity, we're asking you to attach a cover letter and make sure you include the phrase "Purple monkey dishwater.” Yep, we're serious. We won't bother looking at your resume if you don't provide a cover letter including those words – maybe you could be creative and put them into a paragraph about yourself.
In this senior role there is also a requirement that we will complete a standard range of credit, police and bankruptcy checks prior to commencement of employment.
Benefits and culture
It’s never been a better time to become involved with a truly exciting organisation. A competitive salary and a chance to really make a difference in the operations of a non-bank lender make this job ideal for those looking to work with like-minded people.
If you like casual clothes and coffee clubs, you’ll love working with the team at Well Home Loans
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of credit management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a credit officer?