- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
Health Assistants (Nursing)
- Graham St campus
- Permanent part time or full time roles available
About GV Health
GV Health is a leader in healthcare delivery in the Hume region. Our services include an Emergency Department, Surgery, Medical, Women’s and Children’s Services, Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, Mental Health and community based health programs. Our main sites are at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth, with additional services at Seymour, Benalla and Wodonga.
GV Health are currently undergoing a $229 million redevelopment, this redevelopment will include a new renal dialysis unit, an expanded emergency department including satellite medical imaging, inpatient wards, extended theatre space, intensive care unit, a new kitchen, mortuary and the establishment of a Women’s and Children’s precinct featuring a new, special care nursery, paediatric ward and refurbished maternity ward.
An exciting and unique opportunity exists for individuals to join the health care team at GV Health with applications invited for Health Assistants in Nursing (Acute). The Health Assistants in Nursing provide personal care to patients under the supervision of the Registered Nurses. This role is focused on maintaining a safe environment in our wards by providing help with patient mobility, personal hygiene and nutrition.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance, or working towards completing qualification
- Well developed interpersonal skill, including an ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and family members.
- A willingness to contribute to quality patient care.
- Ability to take direction and complete delegated tasks in a timely manner.
- Students completing Bachelor of Nursing qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Some of the great benefits of working with us:
- Wide range of specialties for clinical staff and career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
- A collaborative and supportive team environment, while making an important contribution to the health of our community
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Paid parental leave (maternity and paternity leave)
- Discount gym & pool memberships
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police check and Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children’s Check. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement. GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies.