Business Development Manager
Advertiser: Australian Traveller MediaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
Australian Traveller’s sales team is building and we’re looking to recruit a target driven and passionate New Business Development Manager.
Candidates will ideally have three plus years experience working within media, however experience from other industries will be considered.
Working as an integral team member of the dynamic Australian Traveller sales team, this client-facing role is focused on creating new business opportunities, and developing key existing relationships through your specified territory.
The simple aim is to drive sales and increase the revenue and profile of Australian Traveller.
Specifically, you’ll be required to:
- Seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close deals over the phone and face to face
- Sell the benefits of Australian Traveller as a powerful marketing tool and in addition be able to sell the range of marketing channels we employ
- Be able to sell the full range of advertising opportunities (and develop new ones) based on client’s objectives
- Maximise coverage across your territory and build relationships with all key clients
- Create and develop a list of key target clients which you can develop and build into new and long term business
- Work closely with the Managing Director to maximise the revenue opportunity within your territory to meet and exceed targets and objectives
- Work alongside our industry leading internal campaign teams to create and deliver pitches to potential clients to obtain new, or repeat, business opportunities.
- Fully manage the sale process and client relationship from brief to execution
- Reach and exceed individual sales budgets
The right person will:
- “Never miss a budget” type attitude.
- Prior experience selling either over the phone and comfortable cold calling B2B in a target / KPI driven sales environment
- Demonstrate strong consultation and negotiation skills, and honed hunting skills
- Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition to improve
- The right balance of coach-ability and confidence, and are excited about the opportunity to further develop consultative sales skills
- Show an aptitude to learn in a fast moving environment with complex products
- Be prepared to put the time in and be happy working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be genuinely passionate about the Australian Traveller brand
We are Australia's largest independent travel publisher experiencing phenomenal digital growth.
Our vision is a world where every journey is an incredible one.
Our mission is to connect people to their incredible experiences through our outstanding and inspirational content.
We are a dynamic fast paced supportive environment with a focus on delivering exceptional career growth which delivers great client outcomes. We are proud of our meritocratic values where your career is determined by your success not your tenure.
If this sounds like you then we would love to chat. Please send a cover letter and your up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of responses we may not reply to all enquiries.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?
- Do you have experience in a cold calls sales environment?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?