- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
About the Company
CEA is a private Australian company specialising in the design, development, manufacture and through life support of radar, missile illumination and communications technologies. We work in partnership with Defence industry and Government to provide cost-effective solutions and in service support capabilities.
About the Position - Systems Administrator Level 2
As the System Administrator Level 2 you will be responsible for providing technical support for the infrastructure, network and multiple business applications used within the company utilising remote tools and technologies, online documentation, knowledge of the environment and experience in remote problem analysis and resolution Duties will include:
- Conduct daily administration and maintenance of Windows servers (Linux desirable);
- Maintain enterprise storage systems and virtual hosts;
- Maintain data backups;
- Provide professional, effective and timely incident management and resolution for all support calls;
- Implement and maintain systems/network security measures;
- Monitor server logs and systems/network performance;
- Keep abreast of new technologies and advise on potential uses;
- Hardware acquisitions (testing, selection, ordering, set to work);
- Administration of PABX phone system; and
- Assist to maintain Local and Wide Area Network.
This role requires someone with:
- At least 5-7 years' experience working in a similar role / environment;
- Proficient in supporting Windows Server, Active Directory, Windows 10, DNS, DHCP and TCP;
- Thorough knowledge of Nutanix, VMWare and Exchange;
- Ability to install, configure and support Applications on Intel Servers (Linux Desirable);
- Workload prioritisation skills;
- Understanding of change management disciplines;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Understanding of LAN and WAN;
- Knowledge of remote support, software deployment, patch management and imaging tools;
- Mobility support across iOS;
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Broad knowledge of enterprise level IT infrastructure;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Flexibility to attend to urgent issues out of hour's if/when required; and
- Effective analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
You will receive
- Great company environment;
- Attractive remuneration package; and
- Excellent staff benefits, including 22 annual leave days and free parking.
In order to apply for this position, you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds including women, mature age candidates and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Please note all applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and the successful candidate MUST be able to obtain clearance prior to commencement.
To find out more about CEA, visit our website at www.cea.com.au.
How to apply
Please apply via our recruitment database.
Our recruitment database can be accessed via the following options:
- The 'Apply Now' button on Seek; or
- Our website under the 'Careers' tab.
To be considered for this role, please include both a cover letter and resume and complete the screening questions.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications. CEA encourages the submission of early applications.