- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Brisbane, Western Suburbs & Ipswich
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the role:
JBS Australia Dinmore Qld plant has an opportunity for a Lab Technician to join our team Friday to Monday Day shift and willing to cover extra shifts in case of short of staff. The applicant must possess a Bachelor degree in Microbiology or Applied Science with a major in Microbiology preference will be given to a person with molecular technique.
- Maintain a laboratory and its procedures according to NATA requirements.
- Routine microbiological analysis of meat, meat products and waste water.
- Reference culture management.
- Media preparation and quality control.
- Interpretation and reporting of accurate results.
- Ability to work independently over the weekends to meet deadlines and tests target.
- Masters / Bachelor’s Degree- Microbiology / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology
- Pipette Calibration, Incubator Validation, Balance Checks.
- Testing of samples
- PCR by GDS
- Basic Microbiological Techniques
Be able to work as part of a team and independently. Have a passion for accuracy, and the drive to be proactive and efficient. Your own transport is a must due to the working hours.
APPLY HERE: http://jbssa.com.au/jobs
JBS Australia – Dinmore; Attn: Terry McManus