- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Mortgages
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Friendly company culture built on the values of Passion, Respect and Accountability.
- On top of a competitive remuneration package our people receive outstanding benefits including salary packaging, EAP, Resimac Rewards, discounted gym and generous company paid parental leave.
We are seeking a Lending Specialist with a can do attitude to handle all new lending enquiries and be the voice of our direct brand, State Custodians, to new borrowers.
It is an exciting time to be joining this team, with massive growth plans for the channel including the launch of a new brand next year.
Your primary responsibility will be to convert sales leads into successful applications resulting in a home loan settlement. However, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in massive transformation plans across the whole business.
What You Will Do
- Communicate effectively with potential borrowers in a timely manner via telephone and email, ensuring a high customer focus;
- Assess the borrowing capacity and other key credit criteria to ensure the lending solution presented is suitable for the borrower;
- Package and prepare a deal correctly for assessment by the Credit Team;
- Ensure all correspondence with borrowers is accurate and professional;
- Ensure that compliance obligations are adhered to at all times;
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in any coaching and training initiatives, and contribute to a team learning environment
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who has:
- 1-2 years' local experience working in a direct sales environment;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills including having the ability to deal with difficult or anxious customers;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and self-manage;
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage application processes and credit policies;
- Strong working knowledge of NCCP Act 2009 and Privacy Act 1988;
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking;
While candidates with mortgage experience in a call centre environment will be highly regarded, we also encourage you to apply from other specialities like credit card or personal/car loan sales.
Who We Are
Resimac Group is one of Australia and New Zealand’s premier and most established non-bank lenders with a history dating back to 1985. Today, with over 30 years of experience in delivering home finance solutions to a diverse range of customers, we’re proud to be servicing over 50,000 current customers.
This role sits within our direct team branded as State Custodians which is a leading online lender focused on finding ways to help our customers achieve their goals and creating an outstanding borrowing experience.
There is no better time to join Resimac than today! Get your application underway now by clicking on "Apply for this job"
Please write a cover letter addressing the job criteria and telling us why you are the perfect person for this role!
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Finance & Mortgage Broking?