- Job Listing Date
- 2 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
At Penguin Random House Australia, we strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
We are looking for a talented Designer to join our Marketing team. You will contribute innovative design ideas and solutions that help us to achieve the objective of world-class marketing campaigns and internal communications, from early conceptualization through to end-stage execution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking early stage conceptualising, development and internal pitching of ideas that align with the campaign objectives.
- Designing internal and external communication collateral
- Adopting an agile approach to planning and design work, proactively addressing challenges and ensuring delivery on time, within budget and brief.
- Delivering innovative designs to a high standard for usage in marketing and advertising collateral.
- Working collaboratively across departments and communicating effectively through all stages of projects.
- Supporting and maintaining the systems and processes that underpin the day-today work of the design team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in branding, FMCG, advertising or design agency experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing standalone concepts from concept through to final production including magazine advertising, brochures and websites through to point-of-sale
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- The ability to communicate and present creative concepts and ideas to stakeholders across the business.
- The ability to understand and interpret briefs, and execute in a creative and strategic manner.
If you are interested in this role, we invite you to apply now. All applicants must include a resume and cover letter when applying through Seek. To support your application please send your portfolio of relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, due to high volume of applicants only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a graphic designer?